Shopify reports automatically map to LumaTax for easy upload of transaction history. Use the steps below to export data from Shopify to .csv for upload into LumaTax.
In Shopify admin:
- From the Shopify admin, go to Analytics > Reports and navigate to the Orders page.
- Sort and filter your orders. Choose Export Orders by Date. We recommend running reports 2017 to present. You may need to run in batches if the reports are too large.
- Choose Export as a plain CSV (not CSV for Excel).
For more information on customizing reports, visit https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/export-orders
- Navigate to the Client Dashboard for this client by selecting them from the drop down in the upper left.
- Go to the card for Data and click the Upload Data button. Note: You will not be able to upload the data until the client's profile is completed.
- Click Continue. Locate and select the file on your computer.
- The files should automatically map. You will know this was successful is the Shopify logo appears at the top of the page after upload. Click Continue.
- Review the valid and invalid rows and download your validation report.
- When ready, upload additional files or return to the Client Dashboard to run a Nexus Analysis Report.